Das Format der ausführbaren Datei (.exe) oder der Bibliothek (.dll) ist ungültig RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully compiled a Windows Store app (with VB) many times with problems.

Today, all of a sudden, I when I start to compile again, I get the following message "Das Format der ausführbaren Datei (.exe) oder der Bibliothek (.dll) ist ungültig". The translation of this message is: The format of exe file oder of the library is invalid.

This happens with all backups of the current projects, which used to work fine up to yesterday.

I am using Visual Studio Professional 2013. Does anybody have an answer?

krasscheck

Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:23 AM

Answers

• Hi krasscheck,

Is the problem solved? The exception usually happens when the dll or exe isn't a .NET for Windows Store App executable.  Have you changed something since last time compiled?

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:54 AM