none
How to enable the recording in RDP. RRS feed

• Question

• I implenmented the Audio Input channel, but when I start recording, it alwasy say:"An audio recoding can not be found". From the Windows 7 RDP client, seems there is a switch to enable the Audio Input, just like enable the Audio Output, but I can not find it in [MS-RDPBCGR] or other realated documents. Would you please like to tell me how can I enable it?

Best regards

Walter
    Monday, November 16, 2009 2:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Walter,

This isn’t controlled by a simple tag per se.   To control whether the sound is going from the server->client or client->server, you really just need to follow the appropriate extension to the RDP protocol for each situation…

Audio Output Virtual Channel Extension for server->client sound

,or,

Audio Input Redirection Virtual Channel Extension for client->server sound

To “leave the sound on remote computer", then you would not follow either protocol for that sound.  I hope that helps.

Regards,

David Wooden – Microsoft Developer Support

Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Walter,

Thanks for your question regarding MS-RDP* related protocols.  One of my team will be in touch with you soon.

Best regards,
    TomJebo
    Microsoft Open Specification Documentation Support
    Monday, November 16, 2009 2:40 AM
  • Thanks, Tom.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 5:58 PM
  • Hi Walter,

It appears that this is documented in MS-RDPEAI “Audio Input Virtual Channel Extension“ (section 1.3 (especially section 1.3.1 - Initialization Sequence)).

Note that the above is a different procedure than the Audio Output Channel sequence outlined in  MS-RDPEA “Audio Output Virtual Channel Extension”, but it is analogous to the Output channel’s initialization sequence (in section 1.3.2.1 of MS-RDPEA).

Regards,

Monday, November 16, 2009 9:47 PM
  • Thanks David, Actually I was doing like that. probably I missed something. I'll try more to see if it works. I just wonder if there is also a audio input tag like "leave the sound on remote computer", "bring sound to local" in the audio output.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:42 AM
  • Hi Walter,

This isn’t controlled by a simple tag per se.   To control whether the sound is going from the server->client or client->server, you really just need to follow the appropriate extension to the RDP protocol for each situation…

Audio Output Virtual Channel Extension for server->client sound

,or,

Audio Input Redirection Virtual Channel Extension for client->server sound

To “leave the sound on remote computer", then you would not follow either protocol for that sound.  I hope that helps.

Regards,

Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:22 PM