none
Creating assocations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Stupid question time.

If i create an assocation between two tables, and update the primary table does it update the secondary table automatically? (providing i have set update and delete)

Or, do i have to do more that that from within visual studio? if yes, do you have a good guide i can follow explaining how?

THanks

B

• Edited by BraindG Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:41 AM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hi BraindG,

Welcome to MSDN Forum!

Do you mean after updating one end, if you query it out from the  other end, whether the query result is updated entity? If it is as what I said, the answer is yes. after you call the SaveChanges method, the modified entity was persist into database table, so if you query it out from the other end, it certaily is the updated one. If I misunderstand your meaning, please feel free to correct me. I'm glad to help you to solve the issue.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, December 16, 2011 3:30 AM

All replies

• Hi BraindG,

Welcome to MSDN Forum!

Do you mean after updating one end, if you query it out from the  other end, whether the query result is updated entity? If it is as what I said, the answer is yes. after you call the SaveChanges method, the modified entity was persist into database table, so if you query it out from the other end, it certaily is the updated one. If I misunderstand your meaning, please feel free to correct me. I'm glad to help you to solve the issue.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    Friday, December 16, 2011 3:30 AM
  • Hi BraindG,

Have you solved the issue? If you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:12 AM