Data Access Methods RRS feed

• Question

• User803728874 posted
    I've been really getting into creating BLL & DAL for my projects. Up to know I've been pushing things up the layers by using the object datasource to get out of the presenation layer and returning sqldatasource from my DAL. Is the methods contained in the TimeTracker with the strong typed list methods a good and efficient approach?

I think I could easily enough implemet a similar solution, the only thing missing would be some sqlcachedependency which I can add. But before I begain I'm wondering if it's worh the effort
    Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:03 AM

All replies

• User1001379368 posted
    I think I hear you saying that you don't think much of the strongly typed layer ...

See this article "Being Generic Ain't Bad" on MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/msdnmag/issues/04/09/AdvancedBasics/toc.asp

Thursday, June 16, 2005 5:44 PM
  • User803728874 posted
    Actually, I'm not sure. Is this the way to go or not? I'll read the article, thanks.
    Friday, June 17, 2005 8:40 AM
  • User803728874 posted
    Actually, I'm not sure. Is this the way to go or not?

Good article thanks.
    Friday, June 17, 2005 8:51 AM
  • User803728874 posted
    OK...

I just implemented an identical system to what is found in the TimeTracker in my own (current) project.

I got to say, it's pretty good. I can't tell i fits faster than the way I'm currently doing it, but it seems good. The one thing missing is a cacheing method. I'll look into the API.

Does anyone have anything bad to say about the generics and they way they are implemented in teh timetracker?
    Friday, June 17, 2005 1:55 PM