none
DLL problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a DLL problem with VBA for Access 2007. The problem popped up in a number of projects which were previously working fine. I've recently run some clean-up apps on my computer, so I'm wondering if I've deleted a DLL in the clean-up.

The problem is: "Compile error: Error in loading DLL", and is related to the statement

Set pDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0)

pDb is defined as     Dim pDb As Object

Tools/References are

Visual Basic For Applications

Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library

OLE Automation

Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine object library

Some other strange but maybe related events are:

when I attempt to type a Dim statement such as 'Dim variablename as Integer' Access falls over when I type the space after 'as'.

Also if I type a Set statement such as 'Set db =' Access falls over when I type the space after the '=', and tells me "Microsoft Office Access has stopped working. Check online for a solution and restart the program OR Restart the program".

I would be thankful for any suggestions.

Monday, December 19, 2011 6:43 AM

Answers

• Thanks, I had actually tried that without success. I've decided to give up on it for the moment, and look at re-developing the software in Visual Basic 2010 Express. That should keep me occupied for a while.

Friday, December 23, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Alltough you choose to re-develop in Visual Basic 2010 Express, you might try to repost the problem on the answer forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/access

Thank you for your understanding. Hope your problem can be resolved there.

Best Regards,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:12 AM

All replies

• It sounds like your database is corrupted.

You could try the following actions:

1. Compat & Repair

2. If that not helps, try to Decompile your database (http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/performance/decompile.asp)

3. If that not resolves the problem, create a new database and import all the items from old database into the new created one.

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:28 AM
  • No luck with those suggestions, I'm afraid, but thanks for the attempt.

A little more information on the second of my problems:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: MSACCESS.EXE

Application Version: 12.0.6606.1000

Application Timestamp: 4e27ab6b

Fault Module Name: VBE6.DLL

Fault Module Version: 6.5.10.53

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a947697

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 001f1be1

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

Brand: Office12Crash

skulcid: 1033

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Well you might then try to re-install Office 2007 including latest updates, and see if that resolves the problem.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Thanks, I had actually tried that without success. I've decided to give up on it for the moment, and look at re-developing the software in Visual Basic 2010 Express. That should keep me occupied for a while.

Friday, December 23, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Alltough you choose to re-develop in Visual Basic 2010 Express, you might try to repost the problem on the answer forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/access

Thank you for your understanding. Hope your problem can be resolved there.

Best Regards,

Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:12 AM