none
MQSC adapter for BizTalk 2013 R2 throwing warning RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to post a message to a remote queue, my MQSC adapter is throwing the following error.

The adapter "MQSC" raised an error message. Details "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Mqsc.ImqWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. A dependency could not be found. Refer to product documentation for information on MQSC Adapter software prerequisites.".

can someone please help.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:00 PM
  • Do you have the IBM client installed?
    Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:00 PM
  • The MQSC adapter also requires the WebSphere MQ Client.  Have you installed this yet?

If you have the client installed, the following post may provide your answer.

http://blogical.se/blogs/johan/archive/2011/12/06/how-i-diagnosed-en-elusive-is-not-a-valid-win32-application-exception.aspx

To summarize:

Set execute permissions for the BizTalk host instance service account on your "WebSphere MQ\Bin64" and "WebSphere MQ\Bin" folders.

As explain in the article you can use Process Monitor v3.2 to troubleshoot the issue. Find the  PID for the process running your MQSC adapter process (see this post for details on identifying the BTSNTSvc process that belong to a certain host and get the PID) and set a filter for just that PID to reduce the noise.

Also refer: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18316.biztalk-server-mqseries-and-mqseries-client-mqsc-adapters.aspx

Supported IBM WebSphere MQ versions

'Yes' means it's supported. 'No' means it is not supported. When "No", that version may still work.

WebSphere MQ 8 WebSphere MQ 7.5 WebSphere MQ 7.1 WebSphere MQ 7.0 WebSphere MQ 6.0 WebSphere MQ 5.3
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2013) Yes, withHIS CU3  Yes Yes Yes - 7.0.1.9 and later Yes - MQ 6.0.2.12 and later No
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2010) No No No Yes No No
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2009) No No No Yes Yes No
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2006 R2) No No No No Yes Yes
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2006) No No No No Yes Yes

MQSC (HIS 2013) Yes, withHIS CU3  Yes Yes No No No
    MQSC (HIS 2010) No No No Yes No No
    MQSC (HIS 2009) No No No Yes Yes No
    MQSC (HIS 2006) No No No No Yes Yes

WebSphere MQ Client minimum requirements:

• IBM WebSphere MQ Client 5.3 with Fix Pack 5.0.1.0 or higher
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Client 6.0 with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1 or higher
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Client 7.0 with Fix Pack 7.0.0.1 (required for 64-bit)
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 6.0 with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1 (for transactional support)
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 7.0 with Fix Pack 7.0.0.1 (for transactional support)

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:06 PM
  • Hi 

Make sure you have the MQ Client installed.

If you have it, using Procmon is a good bet to troubleshoot this. Once you launch Procmon, filter on the ProcessID (PID) of the BizTalk Host Instance that is throwing the error.

Once it launches, just enable the "Show File System Activity" button in the Menu bar. You should be able to figure out which assembly/assemblies are being looked for, but not being found.

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:18 PM
  • Yes John, I have IBM client installed
    Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:41 PM
  • Install host integration server, that will fix both MQSC and IBM MQ

If you have IBM MQ client, you need to try only MQSeries Adapter not MQSC

Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:24 PM
  • Did you refer my post above?

You need to follow the instructions in there. If providing the required permission doesn't fix this for you, then you need to use Process Monitor v3.2 to troubleshoot the issue.

The MQSC adapter also requires the WebSphere MQ Client.  Have you installed this yet?

If you have the client installed, the following post may provide your answer.

http://blogical.se/blogs/johan/archive/2011/12/06/how-i-diagnosed-en-elusive-is-not-a-valid-win32-application-exception.aspx

To summarize:

Set execute permissions for the BizTalk host instance service account on your "WebSphere MQ\Bin64" and "WebSphere MQ\Bin" folders.

As explain in the article you can use Process Monitor v3.2 to troubleshoot the issue. Find the  PID for the process running your MQSC adapter process (see this post for details on identifying the BTSNTSvc process that belong to a certain host and get the PID) and set a filter for just that PID to reduce the noise.

Also refer: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18316.biztalk-server-mqseries-and-mqseries-client-mqsc-adapters.aspx

Supported IBM WebSphere MQ versions

'Yes' means it's supported. 'No' means it is not supported. When "No", that version may still work.

WebSphere MQ 8 WebSphere MQ 7.5 WebSphere MQ 7.1 WebSphere MQ 7.0 WebSphere MQ 6.0 WebSphere MQ 5.3
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2013) Yes, withHIS CU3  Yes Yes Yes - 7.0.1.9 and later Yes - MQ 6.0.2.12 and later No
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2010) No No No Yes No No
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2009) No No No Yes Yes No
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2006 R2) No No No No Yes Yes
    MQSeries (BizTalk 2006) No No No No Yes Yes

MQSC (HIS 2013) Yes, withHIS CU3  Yes Yes No No No
    MQSC (HIS 2010) No No No Yes No No
    MQSC (HIS 2009) No No No Yes Yes No
    MQSC (HIS 2006) No No No No Yes Yes

WebSphere MQ Client minimum requirements:

• IBM WebSphere MQ Client 5.3 with Fix Pack 5.0.1.0 or higher
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Client 6.0 with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1 or higher
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Client 7.0 with Fix Pack 7.0.0.1 (required for 64-bit)
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 6.0 with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1 (for transactional support)
    • IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 7.0 with Fix Pack 7.0.0.1 (for transactional support)

Friday, July 22, 2016 4:13 AM
  • Yes, I had that installed.
    Friday, July 22, 2016 2:42 PM
  • Rachit,

The re-installation of BT adapter pack and IBM websphere did the trick.

Friday, July 22, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Now I am having the same issue on a different machine. I am still not able to figure out what exactly am I missing in the installation process. On this particular occasion, I am being thrown the same error  --

The adapter "MQSC" raised an error message. Details "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Mqsc.ImqWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. A dependency could not be found. Refer to product documentation for information on MQSC Adapter software prerequisites."

Installation and re-installation is not doing the trick this time. can anyone help please

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:30 PM
  • Hi

Using Procmon is a good bet to troubleshoot this, if you have installed the MQ Client correctly. Once you launch Procmon, filter on the ProcessID (PID) of the BizTalk Host Instance that is throwing the error.

Once it launches, just enable the "Show File System Activity" button in the Menu bar. You should be able to figure out which assembly/assemblies are being looked for at which folder location(s), but not being found. 

Once you have the details of the failing/missing dlls, you can compare if those exist in the working server at the specified path(s).

Thanks Arindam

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:31 PM