Mac to PC Network info? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a source where I can find out how to do a ethernet connect between my Mac 7600 using TCP/IP and my Dell PC which has Windows XP Professional?

I found an app note on doing it with windows 95 but XP Pro is nothing like that at all.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:44 PM

Answers

• Sorry it took so long for someone to reply to your post.  This is the Peer-to-Peer Networking forum.  However, since the forum for general networking issues is a newsgroup (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks) we end up answering a lot of general networking questions here.

If you haven't already managed to figure out how to connect both your PC and your Mac to the same network using other web resources then please clarify your question.  If you are running both OSX and XP connecting both computers to the same network using ethernet can be as easy as plugging them both into the same switch (e.g. a "home router" people commonly use with a cable or DSL modem).  If you are trying to do something different (e.g. file sharing via SMB between the two computers) or are running into a specific problem then please describe your situation.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:52 PM

All replies

• Sorry it took so long for someone to reply to your post.  This is the Peer-to-Peer Networking forum.  However, since the forum for general networking issues is a newsgroup (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks) we end up answering a lot of general networking questions here.

If you haven't already managed to figure out how to connect both your PC and your Mac to the same network using other web resources then please clarify your question.  If you are running both OSX and XP connecting both computers to the same network using ethernet can be as easy as plugging them both into the same switch (e.g. a "home router" people commonly use with a cable or DSL modem).  If you are trying to do something different (e.g. file sharing via SMB between the two computers) or are running into a specific problem then please describe your situation.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:52 PM
  • i want to play co op games with my mac to my pc is there a way to play locally?

like by linking them

Saturday, January 5, 2008 8:01 AM