SSIS - ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib is failing to unzip a 295 MB ZIP file with 3.63 GB Data in it? RRS feed

• Question

• We have used "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib" in the SSIS interface package to unzip files. but its failing to read the ZIP file around 295 MB, which is having 3.6 GB TXT file in it.

The ERROR is saying there is no data in ZIP file.

Is this is occurring due to the un-handled size by SharpZipLib OR SSIS MAX Cache size??

Please it would be glad if some one have any suggestions or signs where I have to look really??

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:56 PM

Answers

• Thanks for suggestions Arthur.

But we have resolved with a different solution.

The Zip was done by Windows Compression from GUI. We have found that less than 2GB is working but more than 2GB is failing to unzip through the component. But its working without any issue, if we have done zipping using SharpZipLib component. we have tested more than 5 GB to 8 GB and its working well. So We have created another task to ZIP with SharpZipLib.

Seems the problem is with Windows compression.

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Monday, September 30, 2013 7:07 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 6:24 AM

All replies

• Since you use "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib" as an out-of-process component it seems to unable acquire enough memory.

I would use a say gzip or 7Zip.exe and see if the file can be deflated. I trust this will resolve the issue, you can unzip usign a bat file.

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:27 PM
  • Thanks for suggestions Arthur.

But we have resolved with a different solution.

The Zip was done by Windows Compression from GUI. We have found that less than 2GB is working but more than 2GB is failing to unzip through the component. But its working without any issue, if we have done zipping using SharpZipLib component. we have tested more than 5 GB to 8 GB and its working well. So We have created another task to ZIP with SharpZipLib.

Seems the problem is with Windows compression.

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Monday, September 30, 2013 7:07 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 6:24 AM