none
Seller Account Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm wondering how long it should take to get a seller account approved for a company? It has been 5 weeks now, identity verification passed about 3 weeks ago.  Surely if there is a problem I should see the status turn to 'changes required'?

I raised a support ticket a week ago and CS have emailed twice but simply say they are still investigating the issue.

Is this length of time and lack of communication normal? Anyone else experience problems?

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. Account creation times can vary between partners and we will evaluate why this particular account may have taken longer to improve the process in the future.

As far as tax info, it appears that the W8 form may not have been submitted or may need updates. A good reference is this forum post:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/officeapps/en-US/b4dcefbd-6b36-46ce-9b8b-7efc7f3abb42/how-to-register-for-sellerdashboardmicrosoftcom-with-tax?forum=officestore

Also copied the text below....

If the text doesn't help, we'd encourage you to contact support directly and escalate this.

---

The tax profile in your Seller Dashboard will show as pending when a form has been saved, but has not been submitted. To go back into your tax profile information, log into your Seller Dashboard and click the ACCOUNT heading toward the top of the page. Next click payout & tax and then click EDIT under tax information.

A tax form (either a type of W9 or W8) will need to be completed before you can submit a non-free app for validation. The type of form that is used will depend on the country that you are registered under and possible the way that your business is setup.

If you are unsure if the W8-IMY form is the proper form, you may want to reach out to a tax professional to ask them to evaluate which form would be correct. Also you could try reaching out to tax experts that can be reached through the IRS website that is linked below:
    IRS - Help & Resources

You will need to consult with either a tax professional or tax expert to seek assistance with completing the applicable tax form with the proper information for your account.

You may also want to review the two links below for additional clarification on the tax profile submission process within the Seller Dashboard:

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

• Proposed as answer by JesBModerator Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zenlan Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:41 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Zenlan,

Sorry to hear that it is taking longer than usual. We will research on our side but would encourage you to continue to work with general support.

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:22 PM
  • If by 'continue to work' you mean sit here completely baffled as to why it is taking so long and why I get no information at all then yes, it is all that I can do it seems.

Is there any way I can escalate this?

Here is the complete timeline:

• 3rd Sep Account created
    • 4th Sep Identity verification pin number letter dispatched
    • 14th Sep Identity verification pin number letter received
    • 18th Sep Identity verification confirmed via email from Symantec
    • 27th Sep Payout account created (also still pending as of 11th Sep)
    • 1st Oct Support ticket created to find out why the account status is still pending
    • 1st Oct (Tuesday) Email from Customer Support saying they will investigate and respond on Thursday
    • 3rd Oct (Thursday) Email from Customer Support saying they will investigate and respond on Monday
    • 8th Oct (Tuesday) Email from Customer Support saying they will investigate and respond on Thursday
    • 11th Oct (Friday)  Email from Customer Support saying they will investigate and respond on Tuesday

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

We checked and found this issue had been escalated. You should be receiving an update from Support soon. You may also want to log in to your account as the issue may be resolved.

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Great, at last, 14th Oct (Monday) the account is activated. It would be nice to know exactly what the problem was however. Does everyone have to wait this long or am I a special case? From searching the forums I gather it really doesn't take this long for most people.

Now for the next step. The payout account was created 27th Sep (Friday). On that day, CS agent ZSofia told me that it would take up to 2 weeks for the tax profile to be checked and the payout account activated. Later that day CS agent David told me that I should see the status change from pending to active within 24 hours.  It has now been 10 working days, 2 weeks, since I created the payout account and the seller dashboard still says "TAX PROFILE PENDING". How long before I should see that change?

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. Account creation times can vary between partners and we will evaluate why this particular account may have taken longer to improve the process in the future.

As far as tax info, it appears that the W8 form may not have been submitted or may need updates. A good reference is this forum post:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/officeapps/en-US/b4dcefbd-6b36-46ce-9b8b-7efc7f3abb42/how-to-register-for-sellerdashboardmicrosoftcom-with-tax?forum=officestore

Also copied the text below....

If the text doesn't help, we'd encourage you to contact support directly and escalate this.

---

The tax profile in your Seller Dashboard will show as pending when a form has been saved, but has not been submitted. To go back into your tax profile information, log into your Seller Dashboard and click the ACCOUNT heading toward the top of the page. Next click payout & tax and then click EDIT under tax information.

A tax form (either a type of W9 or W8) will need to be completed before you can submit a non-free app for validation. The type of form that is used will depend on the country that you are registered under and possible the way that your business is setup.

If you are unsure if the W8-IMY form is the proper form, you may want to reach out to a tax professional to ask them to evaluate which form would be correct. Also you could try reaching out to tax experts that can be reached through the IRS website that is linked below:
    IRS - Help & Resources

You will need to consult with either a tax professional or tax expert to seek assistance with completing the applicable tax form with the proper information for your account.

You may also want to review the two links below for additional clarification on the tax profile submission process within the Seller Dashboard:

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

• Proposed as answer by JesBModerator Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zenlan Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:41 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 6:34 PM
  • I submitted the tax form but got a cryptic error message. I immediately contacted support (David), he had never heard of an error before and thought that it would be fine. 2 weeks later the account is still pending.

I guess I will try to fill out the tax form again.

• Edited by Zenlan Friday, October 18, 2013 6:47 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 6:47 PM
  • Got a confirmation message this time, so fingers crossed.

This was the error the first time:

Tax Service Error
    Detected invalid input parameter while attempting to save the tax information.
    Error Code:40001Correlation ID:99aad360-f90a-4b9c-960d-6d59275a6360Session ID:411d1bb3-de78-4c1a-ab1f-557d3cf670f5

Support had no idea what that was all about and there were no clues as to how to go back and edit the form. Quite possibly just something missed out but the error handling was appallingly bad.

Friday, October 18, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Hi,

If you have still issues submitting the tax info, please contact Support and send them a screenshot of the error message you are receiving. Ask them to troubleshoot or escalate if needed.

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

Friday, October 18, 2013 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for tax error message. It looks like your account is now all set. If not, feel free to contact Support.

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

• Marked as answer by Zenlan Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:40 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Zenlan Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:40 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:25 PM
  • It is, yay! Thanks for your help!
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:38 PM