Communication between windows form and android xamarin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I make one application at PC, now I start development Andorid application by Xamarim, I don't have experiences what is the best way to communicate windows form and andorid application?

Maybe some example or something?

Thank you.

Nikola

Monday, April 15, 2019 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hello,

In detail, explain what type of communication you want, be very specific so those who are here to assistance have a solid question from you and remember more details are better than vague details as you have done so far.

Thank you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, April 15, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Given that you're talking about 2 different machines (Windows PC and Android device) you're going to have to use a network communication model of some sort. These days I'd probably lean toward a REST API but that means one side of the fence needs to be running a web server (or perhaps .NET Core with a fixed port). If you just need quick bidirectional communication then a TCP server would be sufficient.

Of course if you just need to share data then a network-accessible database (SQL, MySQL, Azure, AWS, etc) would be possible as well.

You can google for more information on any of these approaches.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Monday, April 15, 2019 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

I making app on Windows, it will be like server, this application will communicate with same PCB's thought CAN Bus comm, with mobile I want to turn on/off some outputs, and monitoring of inputs.

To make some Web server with database and communicate with him, and take data from it?

Just I want to mention, it must be multi communication, to have possibility connect more Android device.

Thank you.

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:23 PM
  • Yes, I think to make web server with MySql, and take fill and read data from him.

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:25 PM
  • Hi

Thank you for posting here.

Based on your description, you want to have a communication between windows form application and android application.

The following link could be helpful for you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/bc5f6d53-1d02-41aa-a6e7-d386d3a04839/how-to-communicate-between-c-windows-form-application-and-android-app?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

If your question is more related to android, you could post in the following forum.

https://androidforums.com/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:36 AM