none
Getting "ErrorMissingEmailAddress" when trying to get the calendar events for my outlook.com account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the outlook calendar rest api to get the calendar events from outlook calendar. I am able to achieve this for my microsoft office365 account. But when I am using my outlook.com account I am getting the following error

{"error":{"message":"When making a request as an account that does not have a mailbox, you must specify the mailbox primary SMTP address for any distinguished folder Ids.","code":"ErrorMissingEmailAddress"}}

The url I am using to make the request is https://outlook.office.com/api/v2.0/me/calendarView?startDateTime=2015-12-08T18:30:00Z&endDateTime=2015-12-09T18:30:00Z

When I am trying with the url:  

https://outlook.office.com/api/v2.0/users/abhisek.saideo@outlook.com/calendarView?startDateTime=2015-12-08T18:30:00Z&endDateTime=2015-12-09T18:30:00Z

I am getting the error

{"error":{"message":"The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it.","code":"ErrorNonExistentMailbox"}}

What changes do I need to make to get the calendar events for a outlook.com account?

Please if anybody knows how to achieve this kindly help.

Thanks in advance

Abhisek Sai Deo

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 7:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Abhisek,

This forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve Outlook application like VSTO add-in and Outlook automation.

As far as I know, in order to use the Application Registration Portal, you need either an Office 365 work or school account, or a Microsoft account. If you don't have either of these, you have a number of options:

• While you can use any Microsoft account to register applications, not all Microsoft accounts have been enabled for the REST APIs. To request an Outlook.com developer preview account with the REST APIs enabled, send us an email at outlookdev@microsoft.com.

You can get more detail about this topic from link below:
    Get Started with Mail, Calendar, and Contacts REST APIs

If you still have the problem, I would suggest you asking a question in Stack Overflow and tag your questions with [office365].

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:52 AM