problem with Bing SpeechRecognizer RRS feed

• Question

• I am playing with Bing Speech Recognition Control web search sample (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Bing-Speech-Recognition-210c8978).

I have obtained the credentials from Windows Azure marketplace and tried to run the application.

The result is:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the service is denied.

at Bing.Speech.ExceptionHandler.HandleConnectionException(Exception ex)

at Bing.Speech.SpeechRecognizer.<EstablishCUConnection>d__15.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()

at Bing.Speech.SpeechRecognizer.<ConnectToServiceAsync>d__c.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()

at Bing.Speech.API.NlApiOperation.<<RecognizeSpeechAsync>b__26>d__2a.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at Bing.Speech.API.NlApiOperation.<>c__DisplayClass2`1.<<Run>b__0>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at Speech_API_sample.MainPage.<SpeakButton_Click>d__1.MoveNext()

thrown from the RecognizeSpeechToTextAsync.

Could you please explain what it could mean and how to use the SpeechRecognizer.RecognizeSpeechToTextAsync?

The documentation is silent about it.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual C# language. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Hi there,

The error message seems to be "Access to the service is denied", seems to be you do not register the service or did not enable the DeviceCapability.

Take a look at this if helps: How to: Enable a project for speech recognition

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:51 AM
  • I am experiencing this problem when playuing with the Microsoft sample (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Bing-Speech-Recognition-210c8978).

Do you mean that the sample is incorrect? I looked into that topic and the sample appears to be correct in this respect.

Friday, February 14, 2014 4:20 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having the same problem.. Were you able to fix it somehow?

Thanks,

André Alves de Lima
    Microsoft MVP - Client App Dev
    Visite o meu site: http://www.andrealveslima.com.br
    Me siga no Twitter: @andrealveslima

Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:22 PM
  • No, I wasn't.
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Make sure that you provide the correct set of credentials. You have to define an application in the Azure Market Place here. The Bing SpeechRecognizer expects the Id and Secret of this application, not the ones from your account.
    • Proposed as answer by AndreAlvesLima Sunday, September 21, 2014 3:04 PM
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:55 PM
  • Hi Diederik!

Thanks for the tip.. That was exactly the problem.. After creating the application in the Market Place and setting the proper values in the ClientID/ClientSecret, it worked perfectly! I couldn't find anywhere in the documentation that it should be like this..

André Alves de Lima
    Microsoft MVP - Client App Dev
    Visite o meu site: http://www.andrealveslima.com.br
    Me siga no Twitter: @andrealveslima

Sunday, September 21, 2014 3:04 PM