Active Directory Users & Computers + Find Dialog + User Properties RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a MMC 3.0 Users and Computers Snapin in .Net(C#) using microsoft.managementconsole.dll(version 3.0). I found the sample in Microsoft SDK (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Samples\SysMgmt\MMC3.0) and the following link for reference. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756923.aspx

I opened MMC and added Active Directory Users & Computers Snap-In. Expanded the domain and clicked users in left panel. I selected an user and right clicked to see properties. I am able to see the my propertysheet as one of the tab in the properties page(window).
    But If I use the find dialog to search for users and open an user in the result window, then I am not able to see my property sheet in the properties page(window).

When I searched across Internet I found that Find Dialog is not part of MMC and it's a native shell dialog. If that's the case how can I extend the shell dialog so that I can display my property sheet? What do I need to do to see my property sheet when opening an user from the find dialog result window?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:10 AM

All replies