none
Monitor EDID registry entry RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I have 2 pc connected to same monitor one with DVI and other with HDMI, first one has registry entry with EDID other with HDMI does not, why windows does not generate registry entry, I checked manually and there just folder Device Properties and no EDID inside it. Anyone can advice?
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi speed258,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, what registry entry you want to generate? How do you want to do that? Using C#? How do you connect to the Monitor EDID, HSMI? If it is possible, could you provide some code sample?

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 30, 2018 1:05 AM
  • Hi speed258,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, what registry entry you want to generate? How do you want to do that? Using C#? How do you connect to the Monitor EDID, HSMI? If it is possible, could you provide some code sample?

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

I just go directly to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY\BNQ78DB\5&230d2978&1&UID261\Device Parameters and there is no EDID entry, does it need to be something else that windows generate EDID entry?
    Monday, July 30, 2018 6:41 AM