none
MAPI Error 80040403, MAPI_E_TABLE_TOO_BIG RRS feed

• Question

• I have added several new fields to the Outlook Contact Form.  I bought ContactGenie QuickPort to be able to export and import the data. Sometimes to manipulate it and others times to share with someone else.

I have been receiving the error now with 14 of my fields.  I found the definition today that the table is too big.

I'm assuming I've put to many fields in there for Outlook to handle.  Is this correct?  Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you!

Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:28 PM

All replies

• This error is also sometimes raised if an invalid property types is specified. E.g. if a field has a type PT_LONG (and there are items with tha tproperty set), but a named property with the right guid/id but a wrong type (e.g. PT_UNICODE) is requested.

Try to remove properties one at a time until the query successfully runs to see which property is the problem.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:35 PM
  • I have added several new fields to the Outlook Contact Form.  I bought ContactGenie QuickPort to be able to export and import the data. Sometimes to manipulate it and others times to share with someone else.

I have been receiving the error now with 14 of my fields.  I found the definition today that the table is too big.

I'm assuming I've put to many fields in there for Outlook to handle.  Is this correct?  Is there a way to work around this?

Thank you!

John at Two Corks

Friday, May 12, 2017 10:19 PM
  • Thanks Dmitry... I can try this but there are 14 fields that show up with the error and they happen to be the last 14 fields alphabetically that I've added.  They are multiple types... some are open text, some are date, and some are button (on/off).  It almost seems to me that the table they are in is limited in size and this is where it cuts if off at.

John at Two Corks

Friday, May 12, 2017 10:24 PM
  • So what is different about these fields?

Were they used before, just with a different type?

Have you tried to contact ContactGenie  developers?

Saturday, May 13, 2017 9:41 PM
  • I don't think there's anything different about them.  I have several others that are similar.  The key part of the error message says the table is too big.  The fields with the errors are the last 14 alphabetically so it does appear the table is too big.  I just wonder if I can enlarge it or use a different table but this goes way beyond my skill set.  I haven't talked to ContactGenie on this particular error because it seemed so clearly a Microsoft error but I can try.

Thanks!

John at Two Corks

Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:32 PM
  • Once again, nothing is too big.

I have seen that error only if the types are wrong. Have you tried to turns off those fields and turn them back on one at a time until you start seeing the problem?

Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:24 PM
  • Hi Two,

Has your issue been resolved?

I agree with Dmitry, it might not be related with your fields.

Based on HrQueryAllRows, MAPI_E_TABLE_TOO_BIG return when the number of rows in the table is larger than the number passed for the crowsMax parameter. So, MAPI_E_TABLE_TOO_BIG is related with row number instead of field.

Have you follow the steps from Dmitry to make a test?

I think you could share us detailed steps to reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 7:56 AM