LightSwitch 2013 - disable entity's checkbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm building a project on LightSwitch 2013.

I have an entity on the screen that can be added by a button click - something like "Add new order" that can be clicked many times and it adds a new order's entity on the screen.

This new entity have 4 checkboxes and 1 details picker.

The user select something from the details picker and by that the entity's checkboxes need to be Enabled/Disabled (For each option on the details picker i have different Enable/Disable for it's checkboxes).

I have a data-bind on the details picker that catches the event and contains the new value that the user choose.

My problem is:

If i want to know which entity the user chose from the details picker, i need to do - screen.MyOrderData.selectedItem - inside the data-bind event.

The problem is that i can't do something like - screen.MyOrderData.selectedItem.checkbox1.isEnabled = true;

And i also can't do screen.findContentItem("checkbox1").isEnabled = true; (And even if i could do that, it should disable all my checkbox1 on all entities and i don't want that).

How do i tell LightSwitch that i want to disable a checkbox after i'v created a dynamic entity?

Thanks.

• Edited by Yaron Y Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:36 PM

All replies

• I'm interested in the answer to this question as well.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:04 PM