none
Visual Gesture Builder - add gesture get stuck RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !

I am currently triying to detect two gestures, in the same database. It was working with the previous sdk (from July). Since the update, I cannot make it work. It gets stuck trying to add a gesture to a VisualGestureBuilderFrameReader. I read the gestures from the source, which has, as expected, two gestures. But when I call the AddGesture (or AddGestures) on the reader, the rest of my code is not executed, I have no error, simply nothing. The gestures are here, the reader is created but I cannot add the gestures to the reader.

I can run the sample code, it is perfectly functionnal.

The problem seems to be with the configuration of my application, but I do not know where. Indeed, my GestureDatabase seems fine since the same thing is happening when I replace my database with the "Seated.gbd" of the sample.

I also tried to change my code in order to make it more like the sample one, it is still the same. At this point, my conclusion is that nothing is wrong with the database or the code, so I'm kind of lost.

I would appreciate any help or guideline.

Regards

Monday, September 1, 2014 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have implemented my application before the sdk update of august so I had something working before, the code wasn't exactly the same that the discrete gestures basic. In the Resources.resx of the Discrete Gestures Basic sample, there is no mention of the databse, only a few strings and states values. However, I have had my database to the resources of my application, I think it does not harm. This does not solve my problem.

I am happy to announce you that my problem is solved. I have deleted all the previous builds. After a build the application couldn't build because the vgbtechs were missing in the build folder. They have to there to run the application. I don't remember how I put them there before. I have looked into the properties of the Discrete Gestures Basic sample to see how they do that: they do it post-build with a command line that you can find in the "Build Events" section of the Properties. After copying this in my application, it run properly and I can recognize gestures.

The main issue was that I didn't copy the vgbtechs after every build. The update has underlined this (probably because the library are not the same and those differences made incompatible the previous vgbtechs and the VisualGestureBuilder library).

Thank you for the lead.

• Marked as answer by JérémyM Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:07 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeremy,

I take it you wrote a new application based on the Discrete Gestures Basic application from the SDK? If that is the case, try to look in the Resources.resx file under the Properties section in the Solution Explorer. Compare yours with the one in the SDK. That's where I got stuck when I tried to work with gestures in version 1408.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

I have implemented my application before the sdk update of august so I had something working before, the code wasn't exactly the same that the discrete gestures basic. In the Resources.resx of the Discrete Gestures Basic sample, there is no mention of the databse, only a few strings and states values. However, I have had my database to the resources of my application, I think it does not harm. This does not solve my problem.

I am happy to announce you that my problem is solved. I have deleted all the previous builds. After a build the application couldn't build because the vgbtechs were missing in the build folder. They have to there to run the application. I don't remember how I put them there before. I have looked into the properties of the Discrete Gestures Basic sample to see how they do that: they do it post-build with a command line that you can find in the "Build Events" section of the Properties. After copying this in my application, it run properly and I can recognize gestures.

The main issue was that I didn't copy the vgbtechs after every build. The update has underlined this (probably because the library are not the same and those differences made incompatible the previous vgbtechs and the VisualGestureBuilder library).

Thank you for the lead.

• Marked as answer by JérémyM Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:07 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 8:07 AM