none
MSF Enterprise Edition "end-of-lifed".. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just asked Gurobi regarding Enterprise MSF.  They say they no longer sell it, and it is "end-of-lifed".  Charming...
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:02 PM

All replies

• Wow, I hope this is just some confusion and not the end of MSF... I do have to say that ever since Nate left MS things have not looked good, at least from the outside. For example, I find it extremely strange that the main support on MSF on this forum is still from Nate, I would have expected someone from the team to step in. Also, 3.1 was released quite a while ago, and previously Nate kept us updated on what was planned etc, all of that seems to be gone now, which again is a bad sign, IMHO.

This post by Sofapilot2 is another example: I would expect a proactive team to monitor the forums in real time, and if something like this comes up (i.e. "uh, MSF might be dead") to respond immediately and clarify things, instead of being quite for half a day or longer...

Cheers,

David

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:50 PM
  • This was an incorrect statement from one of our sales reps.  We continue to sell MSF Enterprise, and Microsoft has given us no indication that it has been end-of-lifed.

Ed Rothberg

Gurobi Optimization, Inc.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:29 PM
  • Please see the announcement that was just made to this forum.  We are not continuing to release MSF as it exists now, but will be incorporating it into a larger analytics framework.  We've been quiet while we've been restructuring the team and planning this product.  I wish I could say more about a release date for this new product, but alas, I cannot.  For sure, there will be a migration path to this new product for MSF users and partners. 

Thanks for your continued support for Solver Foundation.  This forum will continue to exist and we will be reading and responding to emails sent to msfsupport@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Mary: Any news yet on this new Microsoft product?
    Monday, March 31, 2014 2:49 PM
  • I'd love to know too.

Thanks,

Sebastien

Saturday, April 5, 2014 5:40 PM