zonealarm catches trojan but location makes me uncertain..do I delete? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Zonealarm Extreme Security that I purchased a week ago. I just installed it onto my computer and it finds a file it is saying is a trojan...because I did some searching before coming here I read that it was located in my SQL server...do I delete it? Here is where its located:

Trojan.Win32.Searches.ti was found in C:\ProgramData\api-ms-win-core-io-l1-1-032.dll

Mona L Alfieri
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:09 AM

Answers

• i would suggest you to install microsoft security essentials and check wether give you same results. you can down load from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security_essentials/default.aspx

• Marked as answer by shmo9012953 Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:36 AM

All replies

• i would suggest you to install microsoft security essentials and check wether give you same results. you can down load from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security_essentials/default.aspx

• Marked as answer by shmo9012953 Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:36 AM
  • thank you i will try that 1st

Mona L Alfieri
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Im not sure whether this is really related to SQL Server. api-ms-win-core-io-l1-1-032.dll is not part of SQL Server. Probably you can give a try with some other antivirus software to remove it. Can you share the link or document where it says this is related to SQL Server?
    Vidhya Sagar. Mark as Answer if it helps!
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:33 AM
  • Well I know out of all the forums on the website I dont think I would have just randomly picked this one too post my question..unfortunatly I cannot locate the page where I found that it was stating this dll file was in the SQL server. I just copied the entire thing (Trojan.Win32.Searches.ti was found in C:\ProgramData\api-ms-win-core-io-l1-1-032.dll) and put it in google and it took me where it did...Anyway I downloaded and ran MSE as ramjaddu suggested and it pulled like 10 12 trojan whatevers out of my win32 folder or whatever....I havent had any more pop ups of security issues so I am too assume it is CASE SOLVED!! Thank you too everyone for all there help and insight....Mona
    Mona L Alfieri
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:59 AM