WiFiDirectInformationElement not work for WPS OUI { 0x00, 0x50, 0xF2 } RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I use class WiFiDirectInformationElement to append IEs of WPS OUI { 0x00, 0x50, 0xF2 } on Win10/VS2019, the WiFiDirectAdvertisementPublisher will always return Aborted(with error code 0). But if I use custom OUI such as { 0xAA, 0xBB, 0xCC }, it does work.

May I know what's the reason of such behavior? is it all as expected behavior or something wrong from my code?

BTW, I noticed that Microsoft defined MS-WFDAA protocol, is there any sample application which implemented the protocol?

Thanks for the help

• Edited by duquanwen Wednesday, June 10, 2020 1:02 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2020 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hello duquanwen,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is for "Discuss the Microsoft Peer-to-Peer Platform". It is Win32 C++ focused.

For UWP related issue you can ask a question at Microsoft Q&A - UWP for more professional support. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 1:55 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback, already asked the question in UWP
    Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:49 AM