none
VISIO 2013 - ORGCWIZ.EXE - Command line prompt for picture import option RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have explored the documented command line parameters for the orgchart-wizard run programmatically from the command prompt or inside a VBA. The most recent list I can find on the web is this one

https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Make-Visio-organization-charts-from-personnel-files-a6ce56cf-1714-45a8-863a-e1a8001a2e5e

However, in Visio 2013 there is a new option in the wizard's GUI to also import pictures, specifying data column name for the filename of the picture as well as a library that contains the pictures.

Can anyone tell me the syntax for that when running it programmatically? Something I presume looks similar to "/PICTURES=<fieldname> PICTURELIBRARY=<filepath>

Any way to display all available options for the command, e g ORGCWIZ.EXE "/?"

Many thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Bonzomanen,

Thanks for posting in MSDN fourm.

This forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve product. And based on my undersandint, the Organization Chart Wizard is separate executable program.

If you want to know the swichline for this program in Visio 2013 to match the picutre for Organization Chart, I suggest that you reopen a new thread from Microsoft Community- Visio forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:19 AM