none
Deleted Appointments move to Personal folder insted of user Account, (IMAP+Gmail), please help RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have a problem with outlook 2007, IMAP protocol for gmail.

apparently when deleting a meeting outlook send the meeting to the deleted folder of the personal folder instead of the user mail account

I am currently handling the olFolderDeletedItems.ItemAdd event, and I get the message saying that the item have been moved or deleted

The Q is how to enforce deleted meeting to go to the correct folder and not the personal folder?

(I am using IMAP Protocol with gmail and outlook 2007, the meeting is an appointmentItem)

Thanks a lot

Patric

Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Patrick,

It sounds like you would like to change the default deletion behavior when Outlook is using IMAP. If that is the end goal then you can follow the following steps to select the Default Delete folder:

1. Click theFile menu, then Info, then Account settings > Account settings.
    2. Select the IMAP account, click the Change button, then More options.
    3. Click the Deleted items tab, select Move deleted items to the following folder on the server and choose the folder Deleted Items.

If you are looking for the way to traps deletions, then the BeforeItemMove event is typically the way to go. Please refer to the following article for more details:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff869445.aspx

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day.

Shailesh G. Rajput

• Edited by Shailesh Rajput Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:49 PM Formatting error
    • Marked as answer by Patrick12_3 Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:33 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Patric,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It's based on my experience that you should use the BeforeDelete Event, and refer to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/microsoft.office.interop.outlook.itemevents_10_event.beforedelete.aspx

Move the appointment to the appropriate folder with this event when the appointment is deleted.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day. 

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:34 AM
  • Hi Leo

Thank you for your help,

I read about this event and saw that it only works if the inspector is open..

What is i delete an appointmentItem with the delete Key?

You know what is more strange is that this problem is not restricted to the deleted folder

i am handling the Calendar ItemChange event and saw that if I have a recursive appointment item which is a meeting as well when I change one of the recursive appointment it marks that there is no exceptions at all

the count is always zero I think it is related to the Imap account from gmail can someone know how to solve this?

MyPatern = obj.GetRecurrencePattern
    Exceptions = MyPatern.Exceptions
    Global.Driver.Connect.ReleaseComObjectLoop(MyPatern)
    MyPatern = Nothing
    Ecount = Exceptions.Count

Monday, October 15, 2012 3:54 PM
  • Hi,

I will involve some experts who are familiar with this issue, and it may take some time. Much appreciate for your patience.

Best Regards,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:12 AM
  • Thanks a lot
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

It sounds like you would like to change the default deletion behavior when Outlook is using IMAP. If that is the end goal then you can follow the following steps to select the Default Delete folder:

1. Click theFile menu, then Info, then Account settings > Account settings.
    2. Select the IMAP account, click the Change button, then More options.
    3. Click the Deleted items tab, select Move deleted items to the following folder on the server and choose the folder Deleted Items.

If you are looking for the way to traps deletions, then the BeforeItemMove event is typically the way to go. Please refer to the following article for more details:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff869445.aspx

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day.

Shailesh G. Rajput

• Edited by Shailesh Rajput Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:49 PM Formatting error
    • Marked as answer by Patrick12_3 Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:33 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:48 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your help,

Patric

Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:33 PM