none
ARM Azure Site Recovery RRS feed

All replies

• Are you planning to replicate your Hyper-V VM's to Azure? If 'YES', you can refer to this article - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/hyper-v-site-walkthrough-overview

If 'NO', we would be glad to assist you with your requirement, if you could explain your scenario with more details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you and vote it as helpful, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, August 4, 2017 7:02 PM
  • Hi Marcus, ARM is Azure Resource Manager, I believe you mean Azure Site Recovery?

ASR works with Hyper-V for replication to Azure but also from Hyper-V to Hyper-V (with or without VMM)

Cheers Christophe - Kindly click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you - www.cloudcrusader.com

Saturday, August 5, 2017 4:25 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry I do mean Azure site recovery.

One thing I forgot to mention that my hyper host also is a domain controller.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Marcus

Friday, August 11, 2017 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

what I would do is create a new VM in the failover environment en let the onprem DC replicate with the new DC.

replicating DC's with ASR will give you trouble at the end (replication should happen on application level)

Cheers Christophe - Kindly click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you - www.cloudcrusader.com

Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:01 AM
  • You can run ASR against any Hyper - V infrastructure however since you have mentioned it's a DC best idea is to create a new VM and replicate your DC to the Azure VM.
    Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:52 AM