'System.InvalidOperationException' error while trying to publish a Lightswitch application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am trying to publish my Lightswitch App to Azure and I get the following error as soon as hit 'publish' link in the menu.

Here is the the complete error in a pop up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occured.

Additional Information : One or more errors occurred.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had this application published successfully in the past. Is there any way to get more information about the error message so I can fix it.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

uday

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:52 PM

Answers

• Can you please post what version of LightSwitch and what version of the Azure SDK you are using?

If it is 2013 & Azure SDK 2.2, we are aware of an issue with the new sign-in infrastructure where this error is occurring after being logged in for a certain amount of time.  You should be able to get around this by doing the following:

Open Server Explorer (View menu >> Server Explorer):

Expand one of the non-expanded nodes in the "Windows Azure" node:

This should prompt again for your Azure credentials.  Once you login, you should be able to open the publish wizard again.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:42 PM

All replies

• I am getting the same thing since yesterday when access control is turned on.

Has there been a Microsoft update that affects this?

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:20 PM
  • Can you please post what version of LightSwitch and what version of the Azure SDK you are using?

If it is 2013 & Azure SDK 2.2, we are aware of an issue with the new sign-in infrastructure where this error is occurring after being logged in for a certain amount of time.  You should be able to get around this by doing the following:

Open Server Explorer (View menu >> Server Explorer):

Expand one of the non-expanded nodes in the "Windows Azure" node:

This should prompt again for your Azure credentials.  Once you login, you should be able to open the publish wizard again.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:42 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I am using LS 2013 and Azure SDK 2.2.

I tried deleting the 'Azure publish settings' from project file and it worked.

I will follow your work around. 

-Uday

• Edited by uday_zyto Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:22 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:21 PM
  • Hi David,

I've encountered the same problem and it worked after trying your solution.

Many Thanks

John

Monday, November 18, 2013 4:17 PM
  • Hi David

Any idea when this bug is going to be fixed, it's been a while now. At least make a sticky seeing as the amount of posts regarding this issue is increasing.

Also just as an FYI, it's also not just dependant on how long you have been logged in, every morning when I startup my PC and I open VS I have to logout and log back in via Azure accounts before I can do anything in Azure.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Hi David,

Ran into this problem and your suggestion helped.

Any ETA on an update that will resolve this issue?

Regards,

Pieter

Monday, January 27, 2014 12:50 AM
  • Thanks to David's workaround solution, I am able to publish my app. 

Problem still exist till today.  Any ETA for this bug fix?

I have posted on Connect, in case they need something to keep track on.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/821230/system-invalidoperationexception-error-while-trying-to-publish-a-lightswitch-application

Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:11 AM