none
ShrePoint 2013 host header site collection not responding on open with explorer option RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Facing the issue while using the option open with explorer in SharePoint document library i.e.,

we using host head site collections and IE 64 bit because the OS and pc is 64 bit . let us know how to resolve this issue

Thanks in Advance  

Srinivas

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Jerry,

I need to say thank you all and I have added the host entries of one of wfe and pressing the f12 changing the document emulation mode to 10. its working fine.

Regards,

Srinivas.S

Srinivas

• Marked as answer by SriniSrinivas Friday, July 26, 2019 5:50 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Srinivas,

Try Adding that Site in the Trusted Sites of IE. and it's always a problem with IE 64-bit it works some times and some times it won't so, it's better to always use 32-bit.

Please check the followings:

Run the browser using 32-bit.
    Check if IE/Internet Options/Advanced/"Enable Integrated Windows Authentication" is enabled.
    Also, here is a hotfix about this issue, please check below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2846960/error-when-you-open-a-sharepoint-document-library-in-windows-explorer

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:36 PM
  • Hi ,

If Host Header opening  with other browser this mean issue in IE 

else issue will be in Host Header if in Host Header you have to configure it properly in IIS server  also and in DNS record

Regards,

Nour

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:35 PM
  • Hi Srinivas,

I don't think, this is related to host header site collections alone, I have seen this issue in SharePoint 2016 also.

Here is the article I have written to fix this issue. Also ensure that you have added the site as a trusted site in IE.

https://www.enjoysharepoint.com/we-re-having-a-problem-opening-this-location-in-file-explorer/

Enjoy the SharePoint !!

Best Regards,
    Krishna

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:47 PM
  • Hi, Srinivas,

The feature Open with explorer need ActiveX controls. Open with Explorer works only in Internet Explorer 10 or 11. And ActiveX controls are a 32-bit only technology. They don't run in the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer 11, there is only one browser and it automatically switches to 32-bit for ActiveX controls. However, if you're using the 64-bit Internet Explorer 10, switch to the 32-bit version. To check your version, press ALT+H, and then press A for About Internet Explorer.

In Internet Explorer 11, press ALT+Ton the keyboard. In the Tools menu if there's a check next to ActiveX Filtering, then press X to turn it off. You can also click Tools, click Safety, and then click ActiveX Filtering.

Please check the basic troubleshooting steps in the "What can go wrong?" part here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/open-in-explorer-or-view-with-file-explorer-in-sharepoint-66b574bb-08b4-46b6-a6a0-435fd98194cc

And just like Sharath said, try Adding that Site in the Trusted Sites of IE.

If the common solutions do not fix your issue, please share us with a bit more information about your issue (The whole farm has the issue or just certain web application, how many users are experience this issue, etc). 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Friday, July 19, 2019 9:24 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Hi Srinivas,

Have you tried the solutions? Is your issue fixed? I am checking how things are going here.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

I need to say thank you all and I have added the host entries of one of wfe and pressing the f12 changing the document emulation mode to 10. its working fine.

Regards,

Srinivas.S

Srinivas

• Marked as answer by SriniSrinivas Friday, July 26, 2019 5:50 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:28 PM
  • Hi Srinivas,

Happy to know that it is not related to Host header site collection as I was explaining you on top. I am very glad that you are able to solve the issue.

Enjoy the SharePoint !!

Best Regards,
    Krishna 

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:20 PM
  • Hi, Srini,

Glad to see you have solved the issue. Please mark the reply as answer as other community members will find the solution easily.

Best Regards

Jerry

Friday, July 26, 2019 12:59 AM
  • Hi Srinivas,

Since you resolved the issue please mark the question also answered so the community will be helped.

Enjoy the SharePoint !!

Best Regards,
    Krishna
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers / Vote if they helped.

Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:34 PM