none
mailbox migration from one server (country 1) to another server (country 2 ) ( exchange 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My exchange servers are hosted with my hosting service provider at London, i have 1000 users and each are having 3 Gig mail box size (exchange 2007) and this exchange server is part of our company network which is extended to hosting service provider. I need to setup new exchange 2007 as part of existing exchange organisation and migrate the users from London to Singapore.

The bandwidth between our company and hosting facility 20 MB.

What is the best method to move the mailboxes from loon service provide to our company ?

I cannot do complete 3 gig mailbox migration from source to destination due to wan bandwidth limitation and time.

I can do only move the mails to local pst then migrate the mailboxes to new server and import the pst mails to exchange mailbox.

Is there any other method available ? backup and restoration ?

Please help me to provide best method for mailbox migration.

• Edited by natdns Tuesday, March 4, 2014 6:44 AM updated
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 6:42 AM

All replies

• For migrating exchange mailboxes from one server to another server (across the country), the suitable approach will be to export mailboxes into pst files.

This job can be simplified even more, take the offline copy of edb file to the destination system (at Singapore) then export all mailboxes (of all sizes) from offline file to separate PST files. Then run PowerShell scripts to import the PSTs. For extracting mailboxes from offline edb file use a stable edb converter solution that extracts mailboxes (even very large sized) & create new pst file for each of equivalent size.

product overview: http://www.pcvita.com/edb-converter.html

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:55 AM
  • The approach changed now, currently teh exchange servers are hosted in Germany service provider DC and this exchange and AD is part of our MPS cloud. The users are located in Geermany(100), singaproe(500) & India(200)

I want to migrate without any downtime. I think first option would be better with below approach.

1. move the user e-mails to respective pst batch wise 

2. Copy the PST files to NAS box 

3. Ship the NAS box to UK DC 

4. Migrate the mailboxes from spain to UK exchange server 

5. Import the pst mails to respective mailboxes in UK.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:05 AM