Need help in Deploying the application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have deployed my VB.Net application and in the custom action i added an exe file in uninstall folder which will delete some value in the registry . And for uninstalling the application i am using a batch file,which uninstalls the whole application but it keeps some  2 xml files which were created after installation and how can i delete the whole application while uninstalling.

my batch file code is

Msiexec / x {PRODUCTCODE}

Even when I use add/remove programs to uninstall,the exe file I added in the uninstall folder of custom action is not working.

Please give me a solution for this problem.

Thank you,

Friday, February 24, 2006 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi, tgs_Prince,

So, without seeing your project, it would be hard to say why the custom action isn’t running – you may have a condition on it, or it’s not in the correct folder in the custom action editor, or whatever. However, you may not need this custom action at all. If you add the registry value to the setup project (by specifying it in the registry editor – right-click your project, and choose “View -> Registry to see that), select that just-added value, and then in the properties choose “DeleteAtUninstall,” then the setup project will take care of it for you and you won’t need to do it by hand. Try that and see if it works for you.

--Matt--*
    Friday, February 24, 2006 5:03 PM