none
How to make a copy of installation directory and copy olb file during installation using Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Legacy versions of my Microsoft Access application require MSWORD.OLB to be located in the Office folder (Office12, Office 14) in both

Program Files\Microsoft Office\
    Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\

In addition, older versions of the application was stored in Program Files\DNR which resulted in some read-only errors on a few computers.  Therefore, in the newest version of the application the installation directory is on the C drive and I do not count on the MSWORD.OLB file.

However, I have to support the older versions as well as the new.

I have an installation package in Visual Studio 2010 that installs the application to the new location. However how can I get the installation to also

1) create a folder in Program Files called DNR and copy the contents from the main installation folder for legacy versions?

2) How can I copy MSWORD.OLB in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 and Office 14 folders

3) How can I copy MSWORD.OLB in Program Files(86)\Microsoft Office\Office12 and Office 14 folders

jim neal

Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:24 PM

Answers

All replies