401 Unauthorized - running anything in my web RRS feed

• Question

• User-620003232 posted

I have developed a beginner WebAPI application in Visual Studio 2010 using the WebAPI Project Template. It has an index.html and AngularJS Routing. I've also added the Entity Model configuration to attach to a SQL Database using SQL Server 2008. The AngularJS Routing works fine - it pastes subpages into my index.html outline. And the SQL data even gets displayed in Firebug in Firefox, so I know I'm connecting through to SQL successfully. However the SQL data doesn't actually get displayed to my webpage itself - instead I get a '401 Unauthorized' for every web access to the project.

Initially I was getting Cross Origin errors so I added the following to my web.config:

<httpProtocol>
          <customHeaders>
            <add name="Access-Control-Allow-Origin" value="*"/>
            <add name="Access-Control-Allow-Methods" value="GET,PUT,POST,DELETE" />
            <add name="Access-Control-Allow-Headers" value="Content-Type" />        
          </customHeaders>
        </httpProtocol>

This got rid of the Cross Origin errors, but I'm left with 401 errors on every access. This is a small project that uses AngularJS Routing and runs a Stored Procedure to fetch data from a single Database Table in SQL. I have '<identity impersonate="true" />' in the web.config, and in IIS Manager I've set Anonymous Authentication to disabled, ASP.NET Impersonation to Enabled, and Windows Authentication to Enabled. I am a Domain Admin and have access to everything. In fact, if I run the site directly from Firefox, without running it in Visual Studio debug mode, then Firebug displays my SQL Data at the bottom of the screen - along with several 401 errors! It just doesn't display it on the web page.

Any help appreciated. This is the first project I'm setting up from scratch as a WebAPI MVC Asp.net application in VS2010.

Thanks

Monday, April 18, 2016 3:13 AM

Answers

All replies