Project in multiple solution build problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I use Visual Studio Community 2015.

I have couple projects (c++ libraries) I use in multiple solutions. Problem is, when I clean any of this solutions, Visual Studio doesn't delete output files (dlls, pdbs etc) in current solution directory, but in directory into which it was built last time.

For example:

Solution 1:
    shared_proj_1
    shared_proj_2

Soution 2:
    shared_proj_1

When i build Solution1 and then clean Solution 2, shared_proj_1.dll and all related files are deleted from Solution 1 output directory (but when I build Solution 2 after clearing, dll files are created in Solution 2 output directory).
    I added projects to both solutions using Add->Existing Project in solution popup menu.
    Previous versions of VS did it right. Any suggestions?

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi pzeronedev,

I have voted it. And if possible, please mark the reply which is helpful as an answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by pzeronedev Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:34 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:18 AM

All replies

• Hi pzeronedev,

Thanks for your post.

>>When i build Solution1 and then clean Solution 2, shared_proj_1.dll and all related files are deleted from Solution 1 output directory (but when I build Solution 2 after clearing, dll files are created in Solution 2 output directory).

I did a test in my side using VS2105 Community and follow the steps you shared. And the behavior in my side is same to yours.

>>Previous versions of VS did it right.

Could you please tell me which version of VS you used is correct?

If the behavior in previous version of VS was correct. And in VS2015, the behavior is different.

In this case, I suggest that you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal:

http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them.

Also please share link here. Since my result is same to you. I will help to vote it.  

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Proposed as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:51 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 2:55 AM
  • Hi lake Xiao

Thanks for your answer.
    I've reported the bug, here is the link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2390426

> Could you please tell me which version of VS you used is correct?I've been using Visual Studio 2013/2010 (both Express editions) and haven't noticed such behaviour.

Best Regards,

pzeronedev

• Edited by pzeronedev Monday, February 22, 2016 11:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:18 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Hi pzeronedev,

I have voted it. And if possible, please mark the reply which is helpful as an answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by pzeronedev Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:34 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:18 AM