The name 'x' does not appear in the current context RRS feed

• Question

• User1864322503 posted

Occasionally when I restart Visual Studio, all of my data parameters come up as not existing/not in the current context. Is there a reason behind this? And how do I prevent it from occurring in the future if possible?

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:09 AM

Answers

• User269602965 posted

I do not know.  I too have unexplained, infrequent and regularly recurring problems in Visual Studio.

Like it can't find the theme css elements even though never issue before, won't compile after stopping debugger to fix a line of code (some process is still open like vshost), and other minor irritants. 

Waiting or Restart, and all is well.

Hence your use of term "Occasional"

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:36 PM
  • User281315223 posted

This could often be a result of some of the details of your current Project being loaded into memory within Visual Studio and after restarting it may take a while to return.

You mentioned that it was only occurring occasionally, so I would recommend when you encounter it to try rebuilding / cleaning your current Solution to see if that resolves the issue.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:58 PM
  • User1864322503 posted

Hey all, thanks for the responses Lannie and Rion,

@Rion -- When it happened earlier today I did do a clean + rebuild, and it still didn't work. About 15 mins later, I tried again and it cooperated. So i'm not sure what was happening. 

Oh well, just a minor irritant as Lannie said.

Cheers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:26 PM

All replies

• User269602965 posted

I do not know.  I too have unexplained, infrequent and regularly recurring problems in Visual Studio.

Like it can't find the theme css elements even though never issue before, won't compile after stopping debugger to fix a line of code (some process is still open like vshost), and other minor irritants. 

Waiting or Restart, and all is well.

Hence your use of term "Occasional"

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:36 PM
  • User281315223 posted

This could often be a result of some of the details of your current Project being loaded into memory within Visual Studio and after restarting it may take a while to return.

You mentioned that it was only occurring occasionally, so I would recommend when you encounter it to try rebuilding / cleaning your current Solution to see if that resolves the issue.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:58 PM
  • User1864322503 posted

Hey all, thanks for the responses Lannie and Rion,

@Rion -- When it happened earlier today I did do a clean + rebuild, and it still didn't work. About 15 mins later, I tried again and it cooperated. So i'm not sure what was happening. 

Oh well, just a minor irritant as Lannie said.

Cheers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:26 PM