Error loading a deployed Desktop App (VS 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate.

I've deployed an App and I've realized that in slow machines (Celeron D, Intel Dual Core) the first time I run the App I get the following error message

However when I run it once again it works as expected.

Also I've realized that if the computer takes too long time to load the App it always issue the same error and the App can't be loaded in that computer.

How can I solve this problem?

Friday, December 13, 2013 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi vcRobe

> When I run the APP in an Intel CPU Core Duo E7300 with 2GB RAM it works as expected but in an Intel Celeron 1.4 GHz with 512MB RAM it doesn't work and show the message box that I posted in the first post.

System Requirements Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate, Premium, Professional and Test Professional editions

Hardware requirements

• 1.6 GHz or faster processor
    • 1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
    • 10 GB of available hard disk space
    • 600 MB of available hard disk space (language pack)
    • 5400 RPM hard drive
    • DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution

In my opinion, it must meet hardware requroments at least.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:27 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi vcRobe

For this issue, this is a general error message, it could be any number of problems:

hostname is incorrect, hostname is unreachable over network, sql isn't running, sql isn't accepting network connections, etc.

If this is speed issue, to speed up startup loading time, many suggestions are available for you, here are some strategies: Speed optimization

At the same time you can also use quad core cpu and > 4GB RAM on your side, and check whether it helps.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Edited by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by vcRobe Tuesday, December 24, 2013 2:10 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 7:27 AM
  • Hi Angie,

>For this issue, this is a general error message, it could be any number of problems:

>hostname is incorrect, hostname is unreachable over network, sql isn't running, sql isn't accepting network connections, etc.

I've double checked every possible problem that you listed above and the issue has nothing to do with them. SQL is UP and running, it's reachable, the hostname is correct.

>At the same time you can also use quad core cpu and > 4GB RAM on your side, and check whether it helps.

Yes that's the problem.

When I run the APP in an Intel CPU Core Duo E7300 with 2GB RAM it works as expected but in an Intel Celeron 1.4 GHz with 512MB RAM it doesn't work and show the message box that I posted in the first post.

I've tried changing the connection timeout to the SQL Server Database but I get the same message box.

Why is this happening?

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 2:20 PM
  • Hi vcRobe

> When I run the APP in an Intel CPU Core Duo E7300 with 2GB RAM it works as expected but in an Intel Celeron 1.4 GHz with 512MB RAM it doesn't work and show the message box that I posted in the first post.

System Requirements Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate, Premium, Professional and Test Professional editions

Hardware requirements

• 1.6 GHz or faster processor
    • 1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
    • 10 GB of available hard disk space
    • 600 MB of available hard disk space (language pack)
    • 5400 RPM hard drive
    • DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution

In my opinion, it must meet hardware requroments at least.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:27 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:05 AM