none
"ccf://" Automation tag - Need further explanation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I found this in CCF sample web app.

<A href="ccf://StandAloneTestApp/PushButton?<GetFocus>true</GetFocus>">

Click here to fire an action to StandAloneTestApp</A>

This will trigger an action that call another hosted app inside CCF. 

Could anyone please tell me what I need to do to achive this ? Do I need to write adapter or some XML configuration at the CCF Admin console will do?

Thanks.    

Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:42 AM

Answers

• if you can send me you emaill address to send you helpful labs

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:07 AM
  • YES!  ĬSĽĂµ  is right.

You do not need adapter for sender if you use CCF:// tag in the caller webpage. Now this will make our life easier.

Here is what I can share with you all:

** I am using classic adapter in CCF 2008, not the new automation.

1. Put the tag in web page. <a href="ccf://yourHATAppNameYouWantToTrigger/ActionName">

2. You need to compile a DLL to create legacy adapter that talks to your Target apps.

3. Configure the legacy adapter by pointing to the DLL location, give the Type as Namespace.className

4. That's it. Click and watch they talk.

Answered!  

Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:16 PM

All replies

• Yes u need to write an adapter or script for this.

Check out the configuration of this app in the admin console :

If u see this sample web, u will find they have used automation adapter. They have found out all the controls they would like to use in their automation process.

If u go to the actions TAB u will find they have defined few actions. For each action u will find there is an associated dll and a type. This is nothing but the compiled workflows configured for this action. That means whenever this action is called it will trigger the corresponding workflow. For further reference go to the development guide and look at HAT (Hosted Application Toolkit)

Ur requirement is somewhat complicated. U want to host an application dynamically on firing an action. CCF does not give this out of the box. U need to think of a workaround. Actions are mainly used for data transfer between applications and automating some control events.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:35 AM
  • You just need to write this in your web application:

<A href=”ccf://ApplicationName/ActionName?<ActionData></ActionData>.

first part (ccf://)Refer to CCF Server Name

Application Name: Is the name of the target hosted application in CCF which should respond to the Action.

Action Name: Is the name of the Action which is configured on the hosted application. Data can also be passed along with an Action using XML as shown in example.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

So you are saying for the sending page, I don't need an adapter when I use ccf:// tag ?

button clicked on Web App1 --> CCF XML --> trigger event in Web App 2 

I am comparing this to: Adaptor method:

button clicked on Web App1 --> Adapter of Web App1 --> Adapter of Web App 2 --> trigger event in Web App 2 

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:38 AM
  • yes you don't need adapter

assume you have two applications app1 (web app),app2 (win32 app) ok!

open the admin console and configure them and give app2 any action can set bla blaaaa in textbox or to press a button etc... ok (if you don't know how, send me)

now from app1 write the previous code and test it

Regards,

Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:20 AM
  • Do you mind giving more detail on the setting? Where and what to configure.

I assume I only need to configure setting for Web App 2, am I right?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:53 AM
  • if you can send me you emaill address to send you helpful labs

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:07 AM
  • YES!  ĬSĽĂµ  is right.

You do not need adapter for sender if you use CCF:// tag in the caller webpage. Now this will make our life easier.

Here is what I can share with you all:

** I am using classic adapter in CCF 2008, not the new automation.

1. Put the tag in web page. <a href="ccf://yourHATAppNameYouWantToTrigger/ActionName">

2. You need to compile a DLL to create legacy adapter that talks to your Target apps.

3. Configure the legacy adapter by pointing to the DLL location, give the Type as Namespace.className

4. That's it. Click and watch they talk.

Answered!  

Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:16 PM
  • There is actually a bit more there then just that Smile

We have 2 in CCF action handers in the Web Applcation Based adapters. 

They are

ccf:// and ccfctx://

Where CCF:// using the format ccf://<targetHostedcontrol>/<action>?<data>

-  this will raise a DoAction event on the TargetHostedControl, passing the action and Data in their respective variables

And CCFCTX:// uses the format ccfctx://update/<contextkey>=<data>

- this will raise a NotifyContextEvent in CCF and update the contextkey with the data.,  if the key does not exist, it will add the key to the context and assign the data too it.

MattB - MSFT.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:18 PM