Is it possible to prevent or trap TextBox undo/redo

Question

• Hi

I am developing a simple Windows Store app.  It has it's own undo/redo stack.  How can I prevent Ctrl-Z in a TextBox from performing an Undo and appearing as a TextChanged event?

T.I.A.

Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Answers

• Hi T.I.A,

Sorry, there is no undo/redo option for you to access TextBox history stack. But you could always write your own logic for these things.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, February 10, 2014 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi T.I.A,

Sorry, there is no undo/redo option for you to access TextBox history stack. But you could always write your own logic for these things.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, February 10, 2014 8:55 AM
  • Hi James

Well, that TextBox Undo isn't the nicest thing to second-guess, is it!  :hehe:  I think I am there now, though.  Thanks for confirming.

Monday, February 10, 2014 4:49 PM