Playing a Youtube video and right-click "stop download" cause this issue "This video is currently unavailable"

Question

• In our Windows 8 WinJS news application, we have the possibility to play embedded Youtube videos. One video is playing, a right-click to the context menu then select "stop download" cause the player to display this message "This video is currently unavailable".

I just tried to create a new test project with one page containing the following line and the result is the same:

<div>
       <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bXTQU90fNok?feature=player_detailpage">
       </iframe>
    </div>

Any body knowing what is the deal and how to do it correctly ?

Txs in advance

-Vince

-Vince

Friday, March 22, 2013 9:15 AM

All replies

• Seems like a bug in the rendering engine.  IE10 does not reproduce this.  Have you checked the YouTube developers forums to see if they know about it?  If you don't see anything useful over there, I'll file a bug.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:31 PM