Enterprise library How can I get Started? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to learn how to use the enterprise library efficiently.

I have gone through the quick start + some tutorials onlines but they are all very simplistic and still not sure how to use it.

I would like to put in place some sort of Exception/Logging strategy and I am having problems figuring out how to use the Config Editor that comes with it + the obvious tips and tricks that comes with any software.

Has anybody got an app /link that could share where I can see how it can be used?

Have also noticed a contrib library but there are not examples on how to use it.

Any suggestion /advice or link that would help

Monday, October 22, 2007 8:21 AM

All replies

• I have 3 links for you that are instrumental in learning enterprise library:

1. MS P&P home

2. P&P guides

3. P&P application blocks

I hope this was helpful

Monday, October 22, 2007 5:18 PM
  • The config editor is used to tell the block/change how that particular block is to behave after you have integrated the code into your application. You can use the Exception/Logging application block without creaing the config file from the editor. As an example, the config file can provide flexibility to the application to change where you would log exceptions. Instead of sending the exception error to the Windows Event Log, you could tell it to send to a text file.

Michael

Monday, October 22, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Thanks for your replies.

As theory is concerned I am kind of ok. I even bought the book "effective use of Enterprise Library",which is great if you know EL already and you want to extend the library.Which is not my case.I need more of a dummy one to start with.

Obviously I had already looked at channel 9 and various links which were fantastic.

However what I was looking for

is may be a walkthrough based on an application where it sets the Configuration tool and explains how it to works and how you should set it up to get certain Exception/Logging taking place.

Well,kind of struggling but getting there slowly.If you have any application you want to share the code where I can see from the config editor how you set it up and how works in code that would be fantastic.

thanks again

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:59 AM