none
BizTalk Silent Installation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using BizTalk silent installation for installation.

I am getting below error while installing.

Aborting installation because the following features require the listed platform components, which are missing: Development:Microsoft Visual Studio 2013

My InstalledFeatures list is here.

<InstalledFeature>MsEDIAS2</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>MsEDIAS2StatusReporting</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>WCFAdapter</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>InfoWorkerApps</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>BAMPortal</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>WcfAdapterAdminTools</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>PAM</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>Documentation</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>WMI</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>BizTalk</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>MOT</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>Engine</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>MSMQ</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>Runtime</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>RfidEventForwarderMessageTransform</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>AdminAndMonitoring</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>MonitoringAndTracking</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>AdminTools</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>BizTalkAdminSnapIn</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>HealthActivityClient</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>BAMTools</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>SSOAdmin</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>AdditionalApps</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>SSOServer</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>RulesEngine</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>OLAPNS</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>FBAMCLIENT</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>BAMEVENTAPI</InstalledFeature>
      <InstalledFeature>ProjectBuildComponent</InstalledFeature>

Regards,
    Saurin

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Saurin,

Here are some hints to Visual Studio:

• If you install Visual Studio before installing BizTalk Server, and then upgrade to Visual Studio Team Explorer, you may need to repair your BizTalk Server installation from the Control Panel / Programs option.

• Visual Studio automatically installs Microsoft SQL Server Express; which is not used by BizTalk Server. As a best practice, uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Express.

• The BizTalk Server development tools are based on Visual Studio. At a minimum, you must install the Microsoft Visual C#® .NET component of Visual Studio before you install the BizTalk Server Developer Tools and SDK.

• Visual Studio is not required if you are installing BizTalk Server on a production computer (runtime only), on which no application development or debugging is required.

• The BizTalk Server runtime requires .NET Framework 4.5. The .NET Framework 3.0 is required if the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) adapter or WCF Interceptor is installed.

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:50 AM
  • Let me as this, why are you even trying a Silent install of BizTalk?

Trust me, you are probably only second person ever to even try this.  It's not very useful.

If you're trying to do a quick provision VM, like Azure, no problem.  Installed BizTalk clones just fine so long as it's not Configured.  You cannot clone a Configured BizTalk install no matter what.

Yes, I'm basically saying don't bother with this.  It doesn't get you anything.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:19 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Saurin,

Here are some hints to Visual Studio:

• If you install Visual Studio before installing BizTalk Server, and then upgrade to Visual Studio Team Explorer, you may need to repair your BizTalk Server installation from the Control Panel / Programs option.

• Visual Studio automatically installs Microsoft SQL Server Express; which is not used by BizTalk Server. As a best practice, uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Express.

• The BizTalk Server development tools are based on Visual Studio. At a minimum, you must install the Microsoft Visual C#® .NET component of Visual Studio before you install the BizTalk Server Developer Tools and SDK.

• Visual Studio is not required if you are installing BizTalk Server on a production computer (runtime only), on which no application development or debugging is required.

• The BizTalk Server runtime requires .NET Framework 4.5. The .NET Framework 3.0 is required if the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) adapter or WCF Interceptor is installed.

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:50 AM
  • Let me as this, why are you even trying a Silent install of BizTalk?

Trust me, you are probably only second person ever to even try this.  It's not very useful.

If you're trying to do a quick provision VM, like Azure, no problem.  Installed BizTalk clones just fine so long as it's not Configured.  You cannot clone a Configured BizTalk install no matter what.

Yes, I'm basically saying don't bother with this.  It doesn't get you anything.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:19 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:49 AM