none
Flash in app for Office? RRS feed

• Question

• 1) Can I use flash in app for Office?

2) How can I use the clipboard in app for Office?

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1) Can I use flash in app for Office?
    Actually it uses ActiveX control when playing the flash in IE browser. Since activeX control is not supported in app for Office, we can't use flash in it. However you can popup a new browser window which contains the flash for a workaround.

2) How can I use the clipboard in app for Office?
    You can use clipboardData object to access to predefined clipboard formats for using in editing operations. Here is a sample demonstrate how to set text to clipboard for your reference:

function button5_click(){
        clipboardData.setData("Text","Hello Word!")
        }

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:27 AM

All replies

• 1. Yes, Apps for Office are essentially web pages hosted in the Office app's UI.

2. The clipboard isn't exposed directly in the JavaScript API for Office.  However, you may be able to leverage some general JavaScript or HTML5 functions to get at that data, but I'm not sure.

Apps for Office UX design guidelines: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp161012.aspx

Apps for Office and SharePoint: Common questions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj613790.aspx

Understanding the JavaScript API for Office: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp160953.aspx

Eric Legault (MVP: Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

1) Can I use flash in app for Office?
    Actually it uses ActiveX control when playing the flash in IE browser. Since activeX control is not supported in app for Office, we can't use flash in it. However you can popup a new browser window which contains the flash for a workaround.

2) How can I use the clipboard in app for Office?
    You can use clipboardData object to access to predefined clipboard formats for using in editing operations. Here is a sample demonstrate how to set text to clipboard for your reference:

function button5_click(){
        clipboardData.setData("Text","Hello Word!")
        }

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:27 AM
  • Thanks!

I also started using clipboardData

Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:32 PM