none
Glyph Substitution Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am Creating a Ligature Base font consisting of around 21000 ligatures using only simple substitute lookup in MS Volt. I am facing an expected error in my font, Out of my 21000 words, only 250 words are not substituting, rest 20750 are substituting very well.

In my font very first right side character goes out of the screen and not displayed.

When I change the font to arial or tohama, it displays but still first character does not selected, becoz it was out of the display. 

I noticed that these 250 Words have length of "16"...... All the words having length from 1to15 and having length of 17-above are substituting well. Windows only have substitution error with words having length of 16.

If I delete one character from the start or end of word, length goes 15 and it works fine, also if I add a character in start or end of the word length goes to 17 and again it works fine.

Any solution to handle this. Why only 16 length words are not substituting. Is it a bug somewhere in MS Volt or windows.

I test my font on, WordPad, NotePad and MS Word 2013 all having different views. WordPad is displaying correctly, what I want, but Word and Notepad are dostroying the Substitution.

Tried on windows XP, 7 and also word 2003, 10, 13, CorelDraw etc.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi AshfaqNiazi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN Forum.

Could you share us which technology you used to develop?

This forum is used to discuss about Office Developing with Office Object Model, do you develop with Office?

It would be helpful if you could share us more information about your developing.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:08 AM