none
Error 0x800736cc while trying to install SQL Server 2016

Question

• Hi,

while trying to install MS SQL Server 2016 i get the following error: 

TITEL: Setup für Microsoft SQL Server 2016
    ------------------------------

Fehler:

Fehler bei der Installation der Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.1833",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"-Assembly. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter 'Hilfe und Support'. HRESULT: 0x800736CC. 

Hilfe erhalten Sie durch Klicken auf: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=20476&ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=50000&ProdVer=13.0.4001.0&EvtType=0xDF039760%25401201%25401

I have tried already to install all the requisites manually.

I also have done the prerequisite recommended on the download site of SQL Server 2016 :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3138367/update-for-visual-c-2013-and-visual-c-redistributable-package

But no chance, always the same, the installation comes to this certain point and stops there.

Any hints?

BR

Andy

Monday, April 17, 2017 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Andy,

The error message refers to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86); have you tried to install that one manually, too?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, April 17, 2017 5:24 AM
  • Hi Andy,

>> 0x800736CC

This could be translated to ‘ERROR_SXS_FILE_HASH_MISMATCH’, which means it’s likely you have a corrupted installation media . To be more precise, the issue is most likely with SqlSupport.msi under ‘\1033_ENU_LP\x64\setup\sql2008support\’ of your installation path(if I’m not wrong).

In this case, I would suggest you re-download the installation media and try again. If the issue persists, I would suggest you locate and upload the corresponding SQL Server installation log to OneDrive and share the link here so we can have a better understanding about the issue.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

yes, now ;-) But it cannot be installed, it starts to but stops immediately without any message.

I think this is because all the preceeding redistributable packages are installed (2010,2013,2017)..

Thanks

Andy

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:04 AM
  • Hello Andy,

I have all versions of VC++ redist installed, too and on all my machines it works.

If VC++ 2005 is already installed, then may run repair on it (or uninstall + re-install).

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 5:36 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Any update on the issue, was the issue resolved? If the issue has been resolved, please mark the corresponding replies as answer as it would benefit others when they are reading this thread. If not, could you please provide more information so we can have a better understanding about the issue?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Check the install log for more details. It is in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\XXX\Setup Bootstrap\Log.

Regards,

Robin

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:46 AM