none
Can Office 365 be used as WOPI client? RRS feed

• Question

• Our client has a proprietary document storage. They would like to provide access to their documents using Office Web Apps to have them accessible from any device. All users have Office 365 licenses.

Is it possible to use Office 365 as WOPI client for a custom built WOPI server that provides access to the documents in their storage?

I tested this setup. After sending the URL (with WOPIsrc parameter pointing to our WIPI server) to officeaps.live.com, I never get a call to our WOPI server from officeaps.live.com. May be  officeaps.live.com is configured to display only docs from SharePoint Online or OneDrive?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Online Viewers enable users to use a web browser to view Excel, PowerPoint and Word files that are stored on web servers or shared folders in an organization.

The Office Web Apps can just open document from SharePoint, OneDrive, Share Folder(UNC) and Website, it can’t open document in custom built WOPI server.

In addition ,I think this issue is off-topic in this forum, since this this forum discuss about Apps for Office 2013, but not Office Web app, If you want to  consult some issue about Office 365,I suggest you posting your case to Office 365 Community.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx

Regards,

Marvin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, May 5, 2014 1:14 AM
    Friday, April 25, 2014 8:21 AM