none
The best practice to configure EDI send port file system connector username/password? RRS feed

• Question

• BizTalk 2006 base EDI Adaptor

I have bunch of EDI send port to save EDI files to a remote shared folder. A different credential is required to access the shared folder. Now I give the user name/password in each send port configuration. The pain is that when I export the binding, upgrade the app, and import the binding again, I need to retype all the password because password is not saved in the binding xml.

I checked the configuration, didn't find anyway to use SSO. What's teh best practice for this scenario?

My BizTalk is running on a local account. If I use a domain account with privielges for the share, I should not need the username/password in the send port. Beside this, any other solutions?

Thanks

Friday, October 1, 2010 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The behavior is desired because Export functionality does not export Password because of security reasons.

You can try exporting MSI, I am not sure that will work or not.

Thanks

Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Hi,

A simple way is to export the binding. Open the binding in your favorite editor and simply insert the passwords directly in the binding file. The send port password is located in the <TransportTypeData> tag and in the <ReceiveLocationTransportTypeData> on the receive location.

You can then create different binding files for testing/development and production environments and add the files as a resource to your application.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa558708(v=BTS.70).aspx

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Monday, October 4, 2010 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The behavior is desired because Export functionality does not export Password because of security reasons.

You can try exporting MSI, I am not sure that will work or not.

Thanks

Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Hi,

A simple way is to export the binding. Open the binding in your favorite editor and simply insert the passwords directly in the binding file. The send port password is located in the <TransportTypeData> tag and in the <ReceiveLocationTransportTypeData> on the receive location.

You can then create different binding files for testing/development and production environments and add the files as a resource to your application.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa558708(v=BTS.70).aspx

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Monday, October 4, 2010 9:16 AM