none
Downloadable Content in UWP Games RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for some documentation that describes how I can include Downloadable Content sales from within my UWP game.

A similar question was raised 3 years ago, but I see no evidence that this feature is yet available to UWP games/apps.

If this is still not available to anybody (other than major game developers), how are we supposed to include this feature in our games?

Friday, October 4, 2019 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,
    >If this is still not available to anybody (other than major game developers), how are we supposed to include this feature in our games?
    Yes, it is still not available to anybody. This downloadable content or DLC is only available to a restricted set of developers.To get permission to submit an app that uses optional packages (including DLC add-ons) to the Store, see Windows developer support. You could go to Download and install package updates from the Store and Optional packages and related set authoring

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 7, 2019 2:15 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

I followed the link to "Windows Developer Support" but I can see nothing that suggests I can apply to use optional packages.

Can you provide additional details on where I should be looking to submit this application?

Thanks,

Paul

Monday, October 7, 2019 11:01 AM
  • Hi Paul,

In my understanding,downloadable content is also known as durable add-ons( which is also called in-app purchase) with packages, so you may try to consult it in the following step: Contact us > 'Dashboard' as support topic > 'In-app purchase' as Issue Type > 'Submit an incident'.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:17 AM