Discussion about twinui.dll - Conception till birth.

General discussion

• Gestation period....around 39 months?
    But the real news? They are haing TWINS!
    Metro and Desktop...They'll be sooooo cute! 

Though definitely not identical!

Two eggs are fertilized by two sperms and the result is fraternal, non-identical or dizygotic twins.
    Fraternal twins usually do not share placentas.  Each have their own placenta and amniotic sac. 
    They are basically womb neighbours. Having said that, in some cases, the two placentas can fuse
    together and give the impression of being one placenta.  In all reality, you can only be sure what
    type of twins you are having after you give birth.

Just for you to know Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are actually fraternal twins.

twinui

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:11 AM

All replies

• twinui.dll

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-twinui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.8102.0_none_61aaf37032cc5758

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-twinui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.8102.106_none_a6526a524279bcea

Could find atleast 6 files, 4 of the latter type, located on more than one place. Could someone explain the meaning of this ?

Irfan

Monday, February 13, 2012 3:46 PM
  • C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-twinui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.8102.0_none_61aaf37032cc5758

C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-twinui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.2.8102.106_none_a6526a524279bcea

Could find atleast 6 files, 4 of the latter type, located on more than one place. Could someone explain the meaning of this ?

the TWINUI.dll is the Metro Shell. You have different versions because you have installed an Update.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, February 13, 2012 9:56 PM
  • I opened the following .lnk file in notepad.

c:\Users\Windunce\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Desktop.lnk

This was the results.

L        À      FÅ                                  ’ÿÿÿ                 €
    ù€0­×Ù½˜  ”{W  ' @
    % S y s t e m R o o t % \ s y s t e m 3 2 \ t w i n u i . d l l , - 4 5 1 3 
    % w i n d i r % \ s y s t e m 3 2 \ i m a g e r e s . d l l
    É         -   1SPSâŠXF¼L8C»ü“&˜mΠ                  }   1SPSM Ô†i<Dš*T    Ìì             -             7`’           ÿÿÿ              -      
              -       Q   1SPSO„YÿM‰Gè¿ú³m5             
    M i c r o s o f t   W i n d o w s          1SPSU(LŸyŸ9K¨ÐáÔ-áÕóE            
     M i c r o s o f t . W i n d o w s . D e s k t o p   

The shortcut is a dynamic link to a library,that library being in the file named TWINUI.
    That file is named quite appropriately. [DESKTOP\METRO] Hence my post on duality.

January 2013 due date? I guess we don't know. All we can hope for is that whenever it
    comes into existence, it's not pre-mature!

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part  :)

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 PM
  • The Icon Set within that .dll seems quite inappropriate.

So they must link to imageres.dll to grab icon # -4513.

But hey, who's counting?

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:13 PM
  • Hi, Andre!

And what's TWINAPI then? If it's the new API, why it references USER32 and GDI32? Why referencing old libraries without referencing WinRT libraries? It feels like USER32 and GDI32 were completely rewritten and actually call many of WinRT APIs functions, and so is KERNBASE, but why not directly referencing WinRT?

Thank you.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Winsxs  7/8   files.

I did note the inclsion of many more api functions in the newer System32 folder.
    Also noted was the use of terminology that's been bandied about....legacy/obsolete.

The lasting legacy?
    Planned obsolesence or peaceful co-existence?

It seems that for now, it's a little bit of both.

Just a user
    Windunce

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:53 PM