none
sqlmetal bug RRS feed

• Question

• I was using sqlmetal with AdventureWorks2008

SQLMETAL.exe /server:DEV132 /database:AdventureWorks2008 /user:sqlmetaluser /password:sqlmetaluser /sprocs /functions /views /language:vb /code:c:\VB2008TESTS\AdW.vb

I started to get the below messages and then it just crashed - I choose the debug with visual studio 2008 (just for the fun of it) and I got a use NEW message

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC>SQLMETAL.exe /server:DEV132 /dat
    abase:AdventureWorks2008 /user:sqlmetaluser /password:sqlmetaluser /sprocs /func
    tions /views /language:vb /code:c:\VB2008TESTS\AdW.vb
    Microsoft (R) Database Mapping Generator 2008 version 1.00.30729
    for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 3.5
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Warning : SQM1021: Unable to extract column 'SpatialLocation' of Table 'Person.A
    ddress' from SqlServer because the column's DbType is a user-defined type (UDT).

Warning : SQM1021: Unable to extract column 'DocumentNode' of Table 'Production.
    Document' from SqlServer because the column's DbType is a user-defined type (UDT
    ).
    Warning : SQM1021: Unable to extract column 'OrganizationNode' of Table 'HumanRe
    sources.Employee' from SqlServer because the column's DbType is a user-defined t
    ype (UDT).
    Warning : SQM1021: Unable to extract column 'DocumentNode' of Table 'Production.
    ProductDocument' from SqlServer because the column's DbType is a user-defined ty
    pe (UDT).

Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:29 PM

All replies

• ran it again this time at the bottom displayed:

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
    an instance of an object.
       at SqlMetal.Extractor.GetPrimaryKeys()
       at SqlMetal.Extractor.GetDbml(String database)
       at SqlMetal.Extractor.Extract(String database)
       at SqlMetal.DbmlExtractor.Extract(String connection, String database, Extract
    Options options)
       at SqlMetal.SqlMetalMain.Main(String[] args)
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:35 PM