Live Tiles too "sticky" and particular with the way they get grouped

General discussion

• I'm really not sure why Win8 team has departed from WP7 teams lead on this one... live tiles need to be able to be place more dynamically... right now they seem like they just don't want to leave a group... or they don't want to stay in a group... or they just don't want to be placed where I want to place them in a group. Clearly Julie LG had trouble with this (based off her keynote demo as well). Its like they all want to be clustered together in some type of particular pattern. Not liking this.

What does everyone else think. I am finding Live Tile placement/customization much more frustrating than on WP7
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:46 PM

All replies

• I have experienced this too and It's unfortunate because I was expecting a lot more when they said we could customize and organize the tiles; I took that to mean the tiles were going to be dynamic and that we could create our own grouping structure and our own layouts by giving us the ability to adjust the size of tiles freely by dragging the corners.

I have noticed that the tile grouping changes based on what resolution the OS is running in. When I started off at 1024x600 on my netbook it looked more like the promo pictures using the wider layout but then when running at 1080p via a monitor it's changed to a more vertical grouping. It will not allow me to place 3 wide tiles across as the 3rd tile is placed in a new group even though I have unpinned everything and have plenty of empty space.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:25 PM
  • needs to be more free form MS... fix this... its the opposite of easy and pleasant right now
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:47 PM
  • just wanted to add that start screen needs to do more than LOOK like winphone. it needs to FEEL like winphone
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:35 AM
  • I have noticed that the tile grouping changes based on what resolution the OS is running in.

Now try it in Portrait orientation.   ; )

---

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:34 AM