Demo to Starter Edition? RRS feed

• Question

• User2780 posted

I previously had a demo version of Mono for Android Business installed. Today I registered a new account with a new email address. I clicked on the 'Download' button for the Starter Edition from the pricing page. Download and installation of the Starter Edition completed without a problem. However, now when I try to start a new project in Visual Studio, a dialog box requests that I activate my account. When I log in with the new account in my browser, it prompts me to make a purchase. Clicking on this takes me to my account page where it wants me buy the Indie license?

How can I use the Starter Edition?

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:29 PM

All replies

• User7 posted

Hi Matthew,

The Starter Edition provides no support for Visual Studio, only Xamarin Studio. To use Visual Studio, you need Business edition or higher. If you want to trial using Xamarin in Visual Studio, you can begin a trial--the dialog you are prompted with when you try to create a new project should offer this option.

Hope that helps, Bojan

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:45 PM
  • User2780 posted

Thanks Bojan.

So it's not possible to create iOS apps on Windows with the Starter Edition?

Friday, February 22, 2013 7:05 AM
  • User48 posted

So it's not possible to create iOS apps on Windows with the Starter Edition?

No. Xamarin.iOS on Windows requires Visual Studio, which requires Business+ edition.

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:59 PM