none
System.Service.ServiceActivation exception on SVC deployed in ISAPI folder RRS feed

• Question

• I am using this codeplex code to develop advanced lookup. I mostly works fine till deployment. But when i tried to use it, on the list form it threw error in jquery file. Below is the error snapshot.

Solution has two User Controls and one SVC service deployed in ISAPI folder.

Monday, December 19, 2016 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to do IIS reset, open Windows PowerShell as Administrator and run iisreset.

Or try to use Fiddler to check your WCF web service.

Or check the steps of the blog below to customize the WCF service for SharePoint 2013.

http://www.robertseso.com/2013/05/adding-custom-wcf-services-to.html

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Mohit Leekha Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:13 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:37 AM
  • Thanks to Robert's blog mentioned by Dennis,  I realized that Visual studio was not replacing token for my SVC file. So, i added below line of code in the .cproj file and it worked

<TokenReplacementFileExtensions>svc</TokenReplacementFileExtensions>

P.S: Blog does not work as it is for Visual studio 2013. As Visual studio has WCF Service template available, so it will work using the templete.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to do IIS reset, open Windows PowerShell as Administrator and run iisreset.

Or try to use Fiddler to check your WCF web service.

Or check the steps of the blog below to customize the WCF service for SharePoint 2013.

http://www.robertseso.com/2013/05/adding-custom-wcf-services-to.html

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:37 AM
  • Thanks to Robert's blog mentioned by Dennis,  I realized that Visual studio was not replacing token for my SVC file. So, i added below line of code in the .cproj file and it worked

<TokenReplacementFileExtensions>svc</TokenReplacementFileExtensions>

P.S: Blog does not work as it is for Visual studio 2013. As Visual studio has WCF Service template available, so it will work using the templete.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:12 AM