MultiCab sample from WM 6.0 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to use the sample 'MultiCab' from the Windows Mobile 6.0 SDK. I have created the CAB file including MCSetup.dll and multicab.exe and the CAB files I wish to install. I have added the registry values as part of the CAB file.
    When I run the 'uber' cab all of the files are placed in the correct directory (including the CAB files) but at the end of the install I receive the following error "The file 'Mulitcab' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." Needless to say the cab chaining does not work and the installation of cab files included in the 'uber' CAB does not take place, but they do exist in the install directory of the 'uber' cab.
    Does anybody know if I need to sign MultiCab.exe and MCSetup.dll when building them from the sample solutions?

Oh yeah just some extra back ground that might be usefull. I am building the samples in VS2005 but my CAB installation project is being built in VS2008, I am also trying to install the files in a device running Windows Mobile 6.1

Chris
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:30 PM

All replies