TFS 2015 Update 1 Dashboard - The [Other Links] Widget problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After updating to TFS 2015.1 from TFS 2013.4, we found 2 issues on the dashboard [Other Links] widget:

1. The [View Reports] link is gone. Report portal is running, default report folder is also set for the collection. The Report tab is also function in Team Explorer.

2. The [View Project Portal] link is not responsive. Mouse Hover to the link shows the correct URL at the status bar, but nothing happens whenever we click on it.

The above issues happen to all users, and all browsers: IE11, Edge, Chrome

Btw, running the script in this post did not help

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/983a63e8-1c7b-4dd2-b204-1058b10824ad/upgrade-from-tfs-2012-update-4-to-tfs-2015-update-1-dashboard-links-missing?forum=tfsgeneral

The [Project Portal] is on another server.

Frank

• Edited by Frank Lam Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:17 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Do you have the same issue in a new team project?

Are there error message in the Event Viewer?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 18, 2015 8:28 AM
  • Clicking the link gives no event error. But I do get error in event log.

TF53010: The following error has occurred in a Team Foundation component or extension:
    Date (UTC): 1/7/2016 4:46:50 PM
    Machine: 
    Application Domain: TfsJobAgent.exe
    Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; v4.0.30319
    Service Host: 8a342e14-36a2-40b9-8c9c-ed9493945695 (TEAM FOUNDATION)
    Process Details:
      Process Name: TfsJobAgent
      Process Id: 2060
      Thread Id: 5492
      Account name:

Detailed Message: TF400703: Unable to initialize the specified service Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Server.Core.TswaServerHyperlinkService.
    Exception Message: TF400367: The request could not be performed due to a host type mismatch. Please check any connection information and verify the information is correct. The request was executed against a Deployment, Application. (type UnexpectedHostTypeException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Server.Core.TswaServerHyperlinkService.Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.IVssFrameworkService.ServiceStart(IVssRequestContext systemRequestContext)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.ServiceProvider.GetServiceImpl[T](IVssRequestContext requestContext)

Again, my SharePoint Project Portal is on another server, so when I create a new Link tile (the top one), the View Project Portal has an external link icon (and this link works). When I click on the default one (bottom one), there is no external link icon, and there is no responses.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:06 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Based on my test with TFS 2015 update 1, it doesn’t responsive if I just click View Project Portal or View Reports link. But I can press and hold the Ctrl key and click the link, then it will open a new tab and display the site.

What’s the result if you press and hold the Ctrl key and click the hyperlink?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, January 8, 2016 3:28 AM
  • Hi,

I can control-click or right click to open New Tab. 

I am not blocked, but it is an extra step for my users.

Frank
    Friday, January 8, 2016 2:05 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Since we can’t open it directly, I suggest that you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding. After you submit the feedback, you can post the link here which will be beneficial for other members with the similar issue.

Regards

Starain

Monday, January 11, 2016 6:39 AM
  • I have reported the issue and they have prepared a fix for it.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2230399/scrum-template-dashboard-external-link-not-responding

Frank

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:20 PM
  • Hi,

Could you reopen it?

Regards

Starain

Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:51 AM
  • Both of my following issues were fixed by them. The fixes will be available in Update 2.

- Link [View Project Portal] on a different server was not responding

- Link [View Reports] has disappeared

Frank

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:22 AM
  • Hi Frank,

Ok, thanks for sharing this.

Regards

Starain

Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:36 AM
  • Hi Frank, What was the solution?

Magnus Timner
    Transcendent Group

Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:39 AM
  • The TFS team sent me some javascript that fixed the issue along with some instructions. They said the fix will be available in TFS 2015 Update 2.

Frank

Friday, January 22, 2016 7:20 PM
  • I installed Update 2 but still no Reports link appearing in WORK box on the portal?

James Bird

Friday, February 12, 2016 3:06 AM
  • The Fix will be available in TFS 2015 with update 2 RTM.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Friday, March 11, 2016 5:53 PM